The Strong With Diabetes Challenge
Managing your diabetes and living a healthy lifestyle takes both physical and mental strength, and it helps a lot to have the support of a “diabetes tribe”. That’s why I am really excited to introduce TheFitBlog’s Strong With Diabetes Challenge!
I’m lucky enough to have Brittany as part of my diabetes tribe and I am very excited that she wants to share this challenge with all of you. Thank you Brittany!!
The Strong With Diabetes Challenge is a free 4-week program. I have teamed up with a group of the top diabetes experts to take you through the most important things you need to know about diabetes and exercise, healthy nutrition, and how to deal with the mental and emotional aspects of diabetes. The challenge starts May 3 and it’s completely free to participate.
I have type 1 diabetes myself, and inspiring others to live a healthy and active life with diabetes is my passion, so I really hope you will join my challenge. More than 2,500 people with diabetes took part in my last challenge in January and we have one of the friendliest and most supportive communities you can imagine.
How the Challenge works
The Strong With Diabetes Challenge consists of five things:
- Daily activities or “challenges” that takes you through everything you need to do in a step-by-step fashion
- Articles covering the most important topics on physical and mental strength with diabetes
- Weekly meal plans
- Workout programs that you can do during the challenge (home and gym workouts)
- A Facebook support group for challenge participants in which you can ask questions, share your experiences and connect with other people who want to be Strong With Diabetes
The challenge is for people with all types of diabetes, and of all ages and fitness levels. Besides Christel, you will also learn from the following diabetes experts during the challenge:
- Dr. Sheri Colberg (author of The Diabetic Athlete’s Handbook)
- Dr. Mark Heyman (Director of the Center for Diabetes and Mental Health)
- Ginger Vieira (Editor Emeritus at Diabetes Daily and the author of Dealing with Diabetes Burnout & Emotional Eating with Diabetes & Your Diabetes Science Experiment)
- Dan Piper aka. The Healthy Diabetic (Nutrition coach)
- Lauren Bongiorno (Diabetic health coach & Yoga instructor)
You can sign up for the challenge on TheFitBlog!
Christel is a blogger, certified personal trainer, and diabetes advocate. She has been living with type 1 diabetes since 1997 and at an early stage decided that it wasn’t going to slow her down. Her motto is “There is Nothing You Can’t do With Diabetes”. She writes about Health, Fitness and how to be Fit With Diabetes on TheFitBlog.com. She also trains people with diabetes from across the globe, online and in person, and supports them in meeting their health and fitness goals.