The Healthy With Diabetes Challenge
Managing your diabetes and living a healthy lifestyle takes both physical and mental strength, and it helps a lot to have the support of a “diabetes tribe”. That’s why I am really excited to introduce TheFitBlog’s Healthy With Diabetes Challenge!
Type 1 diabetic and personal trainer Christel Oerum, who you may have seen on the blog before, created the challenge. She hosts these online challenges three times per year and they are super popular (almost 3,000 people participated in the last one).
The Healthy With Diabetes Challenge is a free 4-week challenge where Christel and a team of top diabetes experts take you through some of the most important things you need to know about diabetes and exercise, healthy nutrition, and how to establish healthy habits when you live with diabetes.
How the Challenge works
The Challenge consists of five things:
- Daily activities or “challenges” that takes you through everything you need to do in a step-by-step fashion
- Articles covering the most important topics on physical and mental health with diabetes
- Weekly meal plans
- Workout programs that you can do during the challenge (home and gym workouts)
- A Facebook support group for challenge participants in which you can ask questions, share your experiences and connect with other people who want to be Healthy With Diabetes
The challenge is for people with all types of diabetes, and of all ages and fitness levels. Besides Christel, you will also learn from the following diabetes experts during the challenge:
- Mark Heyman (mental health and diabetes)
- Phyllisa Deroze (healthy nutrition and lifestyle with diabetes)
- Ben Tzeel (exercise with diabetes)
- Ginger Vieira (overcoming diabetes burnout)
- Rachel Zinman (yoga and relaxation with diabetes)
You can sign up for the challenge on TheFitBlog!